The Department of Economics collaborates with the C.E.D.I.M.E.S institute based in Paris.
Objects of the Research Institute are the following:
- The theoretical and applied research of economic and social phenomena
- Theoretical and applied research of economic phenomena at international and regional level, with emphasis and specialization in the following areas:
- Development management in a national and international competitive environment.
- The management of economic crises and conflicts (international and regional)
- The strategic economic planning and the analysis of the national, international and regional situation.
- The international investments of new economies and technologies.
- Geopolitical stability and socio-economic security.
- The developments of the labor, capital and resource markets at national and international level.
- The employment of young researchers who are preparing a doctoral dissertation and can cover the teaching and research needs of the University and the Department of Economics.
- Participation in international conferences and scientific events as well as in those organized every year by the C.E.D.I.M.E.S.
- The organization of international conferences and scientific events at the Democritus University of Thrace.
- The empowerment and enrichment of scientific thought and scientific reflection, as well as the formulation of advisory proposals to the state, on issues related to the aforementioned research directions.
- Undertaking studies to solve problems related to the research objectives set.