The sum of the teaching material can be found on the following page on E-class: https://eclass.duth.gr/courses/KOM06215/.
The subject of this course is mainly how firms, as socio-economic organizations, articulate their strategy. One of the most critical missions in elaborating business strategy is constructing, implementing, and auditing an integrated business plan.
After introducing the concepts of internal and external environment analysis, the course aims to cultivate the ability of students to identify the comparatively strong and weak points of the business and the corresponding opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis), which is a prerequisite for the firm to carry out a comprehensive business plan. Specifically, the “Stra.Tech.Man approach” is examined and utilized, which concerns the study of the synthesis of the three dimensions of strategy, technology, and management of different firms (socio-economic organizations).
This course’s attendance will give students the necessary abilities to:
- Understand the development of strategic thinking over time and study complementary and conflicting schools of thought in today’s strategic management.
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of the different analytical tools used in articulating the business strategy.
- To comprehensively examine the roles of creativity, imagination, and rationality in the development of strategic thinking.
- To design, implement, and audit integrated strategies for each organization and effectively address evolving specific strategic issues related to diverse socio-economic environments.
- To understand emerging challenges and make effective decisions from a strategic perspective.
- To analyze the internal and external organizational environment systematically.
- Complete SWOT analysis ability.
- To develop an evolving strategy articulation approach.
- To select and combine innovative strategies and tactical actions within different firms.
- Economy and business
- The concept of business strategy
- The external business environment
- The internal business environment
- The dynamic triangle of strategy, technology, and management (Stra.Tech.Man) and the firm’s physiology
- SWOT analysis and strategy selection
- Implementation of strategy
- Strategy at business and group level
- Strategy development methods and international strategy
- Evaluation of strategic results
- Dynamics of globalization and strategy for today’s firms
- Practical business strategy and the business plan
- Revisiting the course’s content and recapitulation
Required textbooks (In Greek)
- Στρατηγική μικρομεσαίων επιχειρήσεων, σε συνθήκες κρίσης
Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 59368051
Έκδοση: 1η έκδ./2017
Συγγραφείς: Βλάδος Χάρης
Διαθέτης (Εκδότης): ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ ΚΡΙΤΙΚΗ ΑΕ
- Σχεδιασμός και Υλοποίηση Στρατηγικής των Επιχειρήσεων
Κωδικός Βιβλίου στον Εύδοξο: 59396604
Έκδοση: 2η Ελληνική-20η Αμερικανική/2016
Συγγραφείς: A.Thompson Jr, Margaret A. Peteraf, John E. Gamble, Dr. A. J. (Lonnie) Strickland
Διαθέτης (Εκδότης): UTOPIA ΕΚΔΟΣΕΙΣ Μ. ΕΠΕ.
Recommended textbooks and scientific articles
- Vlados, Ch. (2019). Stra.Tech.Man (strategy-technology-management): Theory and concepts. KSP Books. ISBN: 978-605-7602-83-1. http://books.ksplibrary.org/978-605-7602-83-1/
- Vlados, Ch., Deniozos, N., & Chatzinikolaou, D. (2019). Global crisis and restructuring: Theory, analysis, and the case of Greece. KSP Books. http://books.ksplibrary.org/978-605-7602-89-3/
- Vlados, Ch., & Chatzinikolaou, D. (2019). Strategy perception and implementation on less developed business ecosystems micro and small enterprises: The service sector of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace. Business Management and Strategy, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 27-63. http://www.macrothink.org/journal/index.php/bms/article/view/15008
- Vlados, Ch., & Chatzinikolaou, D. (2019). Business ecosystems policy in Stra.Tech.Man terms: The case of the Eastern Macedonia and Thrace region. Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation. Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 163-197. http://jemi.edu.pl/uploadedFiles/file/all-issues/vol15/issue3/JEMI_Vol15_Issue3_2019_Article6.pdf