Postdoctoral research is an original scientific work contributing to the academic discourse by producing new knowledge. The Democritus University of Thrace provides researchers the possibility of conducting postdoctoral research in cognitive subjects. The main objectives for conducting postdoctoral research are:
- The high-quality scientific research.
- The development of new research fields in the Departments, related to the researcher’s scientific field.
- The coverage of research needs of the Departments.
- Achieving further results of the doctoral dissertation of researchers in new scientific directions.
- The transfer of know-how.
- Supporting scientists to contribute to the development of research.
- The promotion of the academic prestige and international distinction of the University in research projects.
Eligible post-doc candidates should hold a Doctoral Degree (Ph.D) either from Greek or foreign Higher Education Institution, recognized by the Hellenic National Recognition and Information Center.
During the academic year, all eligible candidates can submit their application to the Secretariat of the Department they are interested in conducting postdoctoral research.
The application is thoroughly examined by the General Assembly of the Department. The latter determines the Professor who undertakes the supervision of the postdoctoral candidate and defines the duration of the research from one (1) to four (4) years.
Postdoctoral students are obliged to:
- submit an annual progress report
- report the Department as academic affiliation
- mention whether the postdoctoral research is funded by bodies and provide all the necessary supporting documents
- Adhere to the Intellectual Property Policy Guide, the Code of Ethics as well as the provisions of the Organization and the Internal Regulations of the Democritus University of Thrace.