Periklis Gogas is Professor of Economics (Economic Analysis and International Economics) at the Democritus University of Thrace. He was a Visiting Scholar in Finance at the Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
- He received his PhD in Monetary and Financial Economics from the University of Calgary, Canada, Ranking 1st, where he studied on a scholarship from the Canadian university.
- He received his Master’s degree in International Economics from the University of Saskatchewan, in Canada, Ranking 1st, on a scholarship from the Canadian university.
- He received his Bachelor’s degree in Economics from the Department of Economics at the University of Macedonia, Ranking 1st with a grade of 9.24 out of 10, receiving a scholarship from the Bank of Greece.
- His research interests include macroeconomics, finance, machine learning and artificial intelligence, complex networks, chaotic and nonlinear dynamics, applied to macroeconomics and finance.
- He is an Associate Editor of the academic journals Open Economies Review, Journal of Economic Asymmetries and Journal of Banking & Financial Technology, and a member of the editorial board of numerous other journals.
He taught invited seminars at the Ross School of Business of the University of Michigan, the European Central Bank, Temple University, Rennes School of Business, the Armenian State University of Economics, etc.
- He regularly publishes research articles in journals such as Journal of Money Credit and Banking, Journal of Banking and Finance, International Finance, Journal of Forecasting, International Journal of Forecasting, Physica A, Computational Economics, Economic Modelling, Open Economies Review, etc.
- He is the author of two best-selling books in Greek: “Economics for Non-Experts” and “Contemporary Greek Myths”.
- He has also authored university textbooks on Entrepreneurship.
Academic – Research Evaluations
- He is an external evaluator for the Cyprus Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education, member of the international external evaluation committee.
- He is an academic evaluator of research projects in various countries such as: Greece, Italy, Poland, Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan, Croatia, Switzerland.
He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in Macroeconomics, Finance, Banking and Entrepreneurship at the Greek Open University, the Neapolis University of Pafos, the International Hellenic University and the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. In the past he also taught at Plovdiv University, and the vocational center of the Athens Stock Exchange.
He supervised more than 60 Master’s Theses and 8 Ph.D. dissertations since 2008.
He worked for 7 years in a large Greek multinational company, where he was the Treasurer and the Financial Director. He is currently engaged in business consulting as an independent consultant.
- Euro Area Business Cycle Network – Fellow
- International Centre for Economic Analysis – Senior Research Fellow
- Rimini Centre of Economic Analysis – Fellow
- Institute for Nonlinear Dynamical Inference – Fellow
- The Society for Economic Measurement – Member
- Canadian Economic Association – Member
- Laboratory for Energy and Environmental Management, University of Piraeus – Research Fellow
- CLAIRE (Confederation of Laboratories for Artificial Intelligence Research in Europe) member, the first research group from Greece employing A.I. in Economics.
- Hellenic Association of Certified Stock Market Analysts, Member of the Scientific Committee.
- Laboratory for Energy and Environmental Management (LEEM) – International Research Fellow.
Επιλέξτε για να δείτε περισσότερες πληροφορίες για κάθε μάθημα.